Thursday, November 5, 2015

Macbeth 2.3

Macbeth 2.3
Do now: What is revealed about Macbeth’s character from the asides in 1.3?


Objectives:
  • define beguile, equivocate
  • identify characteristics of Macbeth and Lady Macbeth


Agenda:
  1. do now
  2. Silent dialogue: in your assigned today’s meet group, discuss the following lines from 1.3:
    1. My thought, whose murder yet is but fantastical,
Shakes so my single state of man/ That function is smothered in surmise,/ And/ nothing is but what is not.”
    1. “If chance will have me king, why, chance may crown me/ Without my stir.”
  1. Class reading: 1.5
    1. In table groups, complete journal entry #2 (Act I and II Journal Entry Prompts)
    2. Lady Macbeth: who is she?  what seem to be her motivations?
    3. What is M and LM’s relationship like?
  2. Class reading: 1.6
  3. ORB- (15 minutes)
  4. Summarizer

HW: Read 1.7 and complete journal entry #1

No comments:

Post a Comment